Rail Safety Strategic Forum (RSSF)
The RSSF facilitates open and transparent communication between ITSR, its accredited operators and rail unions. It provides participants with the opportunity to exchange ideas and a place to discuss safety issues of strategic importance facing the rail industry.
The purpose of the forum is achieved by:
- identifying and discussing priority rail issues, trends and concerns
- disseminating information to the rail industry
- providing a consultation forum for ITSR.
Read the RSSF terms of reference.
The forum has a total of 18 members from the rail industry (with representation from large operators, medium sized operators, heritage and isolated operators as well as contractors and maintainers), unions, and ITSR.
- Stuart Hudd, Manager Rail Safety Compliance, Asciano
- Campbell Clark, Manager Rail Safety Regulation, RailCorp
- Sandra Wilson-Ryke, General Manager Risk and Safety, Australian Rail Track Corporation Ltd
- Peter Gawne-Buckland, Risk and Compliance Manager, QR National
- Catriona Scott, Compliance and HR Director, Freightliner Australia Pty Ltd
- Geoff Martin, National Manager Rail Transport, Manildra Group
- Lisa Trezise, Group Corporate Manager, El Zorro Transport Pty Ltd
- An Le, Executive Manager, National Compliance and Rail Safety, CFCL Australia Pty Ltd
Heritage and isolated operators
- Bill Harrison, Secretary, Glenreagh Mountain Railway Inc
- Peter Berriman, Chairman and Strategic Safety Advisor, NSW Rail Transport Museum
- Richard Clarke, Chief Engineer, Sydney Tramway Museum
- Lindsay Holt, Rail Safety and Compliance Manager, Laing O’Rourke
- Graham Neasmith, National Rail Safety Manager, UGL Rail
- Lawrence Battiss, Rail Safety Manager, John Holland Group Pty Ltd
- Jimmy Borg, Manager Rail Safety, Transport Projects Division, Transport for NSW
- Alex Claassens, Secretary, Rail Tram and Bus Union
- Rodney Masters, Executive Councillor (Transport), Australian Services Union
- Geoff Prime, Organiser, Electrical Trades Union
- Susan Everingham, Manager Communications (Chair)
- Simon Foster, Executive Director Operations
The Rail Industry Safety and Standards Board (RISSB) and Office of Transport Safety Investigations (OTSI) act as observers on the forum:
- Kevin Taylor, Chief Executive Officer, RISSB
- Matthew Smith, Transport Safety Investigator, OTSI
Feedback and suggestions for forum discussion topics are welcome and can be provided by contacting one of the industry members or ITSR.
For more information contact the RSSF Secretariat on (02) 8263 7100 or email@example.com