Asset management is a business discipline organisations use to assure that their physical assets are both ‘safe to use’ and ‘able to fulfil their intended purpose’.
Asset management is a key element of any organisation’s safety management system. It is used to manage the risks associated with the design, use and disposal of physical assets throughout their lifecycle.
To assist NSW rail operators improve the effectiveness of their asset management programs, ITSR has planned a number of activities including:
- Publishing information and links to asset management resources
- Delivering asset management assurance reviews for NSW rail organisations to identify improvements
- Developing an asset management self assessment tool
- Hosting industry workshops and seminars
- Publishing discussion papers
- Facilitating discussions with NSW rail organisations.
Download presentations from the following events:
- Sharing practice: Asset management meetings - March/April 2013
- Risk and asset management seminar – November 2012
- Asset management and business workshop – April 2012.
See an overview video from the November seminar below. Access videos from the April workshop on the asset management video page.
For more information, contact ITSR’s Asset Sustainability Specialist: phone 02 8263 7100 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Asset management and rail safety
- What makes 'good' asset management practice?
- Asset management assurance
Presentations and papers
- Sharing practice: A discussion on the relationship between risk and asset management - NSW rail industry seminar paper - December 2012