ITSR is developing a suite of tools to help the rail industry better manage risk and improve overall safety management by identifying human factors that lead to occurrences.
- Contributing factors framework manual
- The purpose of this document is to provide guidance on how to use the Contributing Factors Framework (CFF) data set and definitions to code the systemic factors contributing to rail safety occurrences.
- Investigation Tool - Checklist for Level Crossing Investigations
- A tool to improve the collection of human factors data at level crossing incident scenes.
- Initial SPAD data collection tool for rail infrastructure managers (tool A) investigation tool
- The initial data capture tool for a SPAD, allowing it to be categorised into Train/Crew Performance SPADs and technical SPADs.
- SPAD data collection tool for rolling stock operators (tool B) investigation tool
- A tool for rolling stock operators to identify influencing factors that lead to Train/Crew Performance SPADs.
- SPAD data collection tool for rail infrastructure managers (tool C) investigation tool
- A tool for infrastructure managers to identify influencing factors that lead to Train/Crew Performance SPADs.
- Guidelines for RRM
- The Guidelines are designed to provide information to Accredited Rail Organisations (AROs) on the process for implementing and supporting RRM training.
- UK SPAD risk ranking tool
- The SPAD risk ranking tool (SRRT) has been developed by the UKRSSB to assess SPAD risk.